Sunday, October 21, 2012

Funny sayings

I wish I captured them all, but I'm not always where I can write things down.

Anderson is a little meat eater.  I made them grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and made myself a grilled ham and cheese.  Anderson asked for a bite of mine and said, 'Mmmm, meat.'  I was lucky to get my sandwich back!

Owen has Spanish class one day a week.  He gives us little bits of Spanish that he learns.  He said the other day, "Mommy, I know how to say 'Spanish' in Spanish....eskimo."

Anderson in the car...'Mommy, I'm not little, I'm little big.'

Owen calls recipes, recipeeds.

Anderson has started saying one of my favorite of Owen's mispronunciations (which Owen no longer says)...I'm not even sure how to spell it, but it's doos instead of does.  Like 'she doos that too'.

Owen hard at work...Anderson took a seat to supervise....and is holding up an old cell phone pretending to take a picture.

Anderson later did some work too....but I have no photo evidence.

Owen got up the other morning and when I gave him a hug I said, 'Wow, you are getting so big.'  He grinned from ear to ear and said, 'It's because last night I asked Jesus to make me grow.'

Anderson prayed in the car one morning on the way to school, 'Jesus, please help me to not suck my thumb while I'm at school.'  There may or may not have been a hearty 'AMEN' from this mama!

Owen has to tuck his shirt in for school.  He still sometimes needs some help with this task.  But one morning he came downstairs happy to report that he'd done it himself.  Anderson said, 'I don't have to tuck my shirt in.  I go to a no-tuck school.'

No comments: