Friday, September 7, 2012

This and That

A this and that post for the things too small to fit their own posts.

Owen and I were teaching Anderson how to play Go Fish.  We were using Elmo game cards which have Elmo, a fish bowl and a fish on each card.  He kept asking if we had any elmos, fish bowls, and fish.  He did catch on, but then confused me when he asked if I had an 'apple pine.'  Pineapple!  haha

Anderson is adjusting great to preschool.  With the exception of one day (he was grumpy because he wanted to keep his alligator for show and tell out instead of keeping it in his bag), he runs in and gives his teacher a great big hug. His first day of school, I asked him who he played with and he said 'someone'.  The only other issue so far is one morning he didn't want to hang his bag in his cubby, which is labeled with a turtle, but wanted to hang it in the little girl's next to his which is labeled with a duck.

I love the conversations that happen in the car in the mornings.  I wish I could record them every morning.  They really cover quite a range of topics and often leave me laughing hysterically or with a melted heart because they are so sweet.

In the car a few mornings ago, Owen and Anderson decided that they are going to live next door to each other when they are grown so that Owen can help Anderson with work and cut down trees for him.  He also told me that he's also going to have 3 boys and name them Owen, Anderson and Evan and his Evan is going to be on land.

Another morning, Owen told me he thinks he's going to be an Army man when he grows up.  And, he's going to have a normal car like me and a monster truck so he can drive around in both.  And, he's going to help people when they need work done.

Owen started piano lessons on Thursday.  He was so excited to go and was just as excited to show me what he learned when he got home.

No comments: