Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kindergarten!

Today was the much anticipated first day of big school!  Owen woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed and excited for school.  All he had today was an orientation from 10-11, but he was ready at 7:30 and pestered me all morning about when we'd be able to leave.  Tomorrow he'll have a full day...8:00-3:00.

He got the teacher we were hoping he'd get and has 2 friends from preschool in his class so there are familiar faces.



 Anderson wanted to take his book bag too.  
 Guess who we found in the parking lot...Macie!  She and Owen aren't in the same class, but they'll see each other on the playground and at lunch.

 Macie's little sister brought her book bag too.

I love this picture...so cute!
Anderson sat down next to Owen. The assistant teacher told me she took a double take when she saw Anderson sitting at the table.  She's been a kindergarten assistant for 18 years and said she thought to herself, that's the smallest kindergartner I've ever seen.
When we got in the car, I told Owen that I noticed he seemed a little nervous when we got in the classroom. He said he was but that he's good now since the first day went so well.  I told him I was a little nervous too.

No tears...from either of us.  And I honestly wasn't fighting them either.  He was so excited and is so grown up!  I'm sure the year will be great.  I cannot wait to hear all about his first real day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Heather said...

YAY!!! So exciting; I just LOVE our school . . . and kindergarten!!! I pray for a great year for Owen! :-)