Friday, June 22, 2012

Holy Birthday, Batman!

We celebrated Owen's birthday with a batman bounce/water slide party.  He was super excited leading up to his party and we had a great time.  I didn't get too many pictures because it was a busy day, but here are the best of what I got.
I was so happy when I picked up his cake to see how wonderfully it turned out.  It seriously looked better than the picture I sent to show her what I wanted it to look like.
 Owen wanted a bounce party.  I asked him if he wanted it somewhere or at our house.  He chose our house.  Considering we were mid-June, I was worried it would be too hot to be bouncing outside.  I found a bounce house/water slide which took care of that worry.  And, God took care of the weather...we had a gorgeous day for the party.

Anderson heading down shortly after it was set up...still in his pj bottoms.
  Our kids played from 10am until almost 6pm.  They were so tired!

 He also requested cotton candy...we were definitely on sugar over-load for the day.  I have to hand it to him though, the cotton candy machine was a hit...thanks, Papa!  I can't believe this is the only picture I have of him with cotton candy.  Any time the machine was on, he was there asking for more:)
 

 We had water activities set up for the little kids so they could have fun too...and the not so little decided it was his personal hot tub.



    Some of the guests...Aaron was hanging out inside most of the party helping the kids get up to the slide.  It was tricky...made slippery by all the wet little feet.
  
 Sweet Cailyn was so funny...she didn't want to put her feet on the grass. 
  Ahh, this is the life!
  Sweet Maddy...
  
  Emily, Madelyn, Emmy, Owen and Julia


 Thanks to everyone who was able to make it.  We had so much fun.  We'll see you again when he turns 10!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow! That looks like an awesome party!!! Happy Birthday to Owen!