Sunday, February 26, 2012

Update

In the first 2 months of 2012, we have had little excitement...but this post will catch you up on the little bit that has been happening at la casa de Seay.  Aaron has one remaining basketball game for the season on Tuesday night.  Baseball has been underway about a month now and Aaron's already had several great college teams...Duke, Elon, Notre Dame to mention a few.  His schedule is great again this year.

Owen is starting soccer in a week.  To say he is excited is an understatement.  Anderson saw Owen's soccer gear and (very pitifully) asked, 'where are my soccer shoes' and 'I want to play soccer.'  So, being the suckers we are, he got his own pair of cleats.  Let me tell you, size 9 soccer cleats have got to be the cutest thing ever!  And yes, he sucks his thumb while running around kicking a soccer ball.


 We officially received Owen's acceptance letter yesterday.  Our deposit check is ready to be mailed tomorrow.  He cannot wait to go to 'big school' and Anderson is getting excited about going to 'little school'.

Do all kids love ladders as much as mine do?

A few funny things they've said...
Owen:  "Mommy, I'm going to be a rock star.  I'm going to clean up all the toys by myself and then I'll be a rock star."
We were reading a magazine and to test Owen's listening comprehension, I asked him at the end of the article what pandas eat...'boo bear.'  Grandma JuJu calls them boo bear.
Owen:  "Mommy, do you have to think before you say something?"
Me:  "We should, that way we won't say anything that isn't nice."
Owen: "Well, I can't do that.  I just say what comes out."

Our friends son was over Friday night.  He couldn't remember my name, and wanted to ask a question.  He quietly asked Anderson, 'What is your mommy's name.'  Anderson, matter of factly, 'Mommy.'  Jacob, again asked, 'No, what is her name.'  Anderson, again said, 'Mommy.'  So Jacob went to find Owen and asked him.  Owen said 'Isa.'  At this point I felt bad for poor Jacob and told him and asked what he wanted.  Jacob brought his ipod...what did kids do before ipods and ipads?  But, it kept them quiet and busy after Anderson went to bed.




No comments: