Monday, January 23, 2012

Big day for a big boy

Today was a big day for our big boy.  He had his kindergarten evaluation at 'big school' with one of the kindergarten teachers and he was so excited for it.  She said he did a great job and is ready for school.  I picked him up early from preschool and he asked me if he needed his book bag for 'big school'.  I told him he didn't need it today.  While we are looking for a parking spot, he saw some big kids walking with their backpacks and gave me a talking to.  "I have to take my backpack in because you always have to take it when you are going to school and I'm here for school."  So, he carried it in with him.

He was quizzed on letters, numbers, shapes, patterns, completing a drawing, writing his name, colors, and following directions.  I think I got them all.

Next step is for Aaron and I to have our parent interview...fingers crossed...haha!

3 comments:

Heather said...

YAY! So glad that the evaluation went well. Which teacher did the eval?

*I got the LEGO table on Craigslist. It was the best $15 I've ever spent! ;-)

Jill said...

Glad the evaluation went well! Good luck to you and Aaron!

Jessica said...

Big Boy!! How is it possible that our boys are starting kinder?