Monday, August 8, 2011

Odds and Ends

Thanks for the comments and emails of encouragement on my last post.

I finished an excellent series this weekend.  The Chronicles of Kings series by Lynn Austin.  The 5 book series is about Kings Ahaz, Hezekiah and Manasseh from the books of Kings, Chronicles and Isaiah.  I highly recommend you read these books.

Judith Pella is one of my favorite authors and I recently read her series Daughters of Fortune.  A couple of the characters are carried over from her Russians series, but you don't have to read that series first (although those are good too).

I don't think I've mentioned on here about the book Heaven is for Real.  I read this several months ago and definitely recommend it.  It's a pretty short read...awesome book.

I haven't done a 'what they are saying' post lately.  Not that the munchkins haven't said funny things, I just haven't been the best at compiling and posting them. Owen's preschool teacher came over and gave him a hug at church yesterday and told him he looked handsome.  Anderson, our family extrovert, said 'My look handsome too.'  Owen talked in the 3rd person for the longest time.  Anderson talks with 'my'.  'My do it' is about the most commonly used phrase at our house right now.

Anderson is in this silly stage.  He'll be playing in the living room and come running to another room where either Aaron and I are and say, 'Dinosaurs, the dinosaurs are going to get me.'  We have to pick him up and give him some snuggles and then he's off to play again.

Both kids are into jumping...jumping on the ground and jumping off of things...Oh my!

For as much as he talks and giggles, Anderson is a great hide and seek player.  He'll get in a spot and stay super quiet until he's found.  Owen, on the other hand always giggles or peeks out.

A few pics from our vacation that haven't been posted.  This was just being silly hanging out outside enjoying the one day that was not ridiculously hot.






1 comment:

Maridith said...

I just got Heaven is for Real for the library on Friday. I can't wait to read it, but first I have to finish The Help.
Also- ADORABLE pictures of the boys (all of them)love the new header