Friday, August 19, 2011

Niagara Falls

One of our stops while in WNY was Niagara Falls.  I've been to the Canadian side, but never to the American side and it's been about 10 years since I was last there.  I was pleasantly surprised to see how much there was to do on the American side.  The kids loved the falls, much more than I expected them to.  We walked around Goat Island and the Three Sisters Islands and got drenched in a torrential downpour.  The Islands were beautiful and I wish we'd had more time to explore.  It was neat to see the falls from different heights and angles.  The kids also loved riding on the trolley. 







Owen kept pointing out the 'blue people' doing the Cave of the Winds and Maid of the Mist activities.




  After our visit to the falls, we stopped by American Harley Davidson, which is owned by my mom's cousin.  We got an awesome behind the scenes tour and Aaron picked out a few bikes he would have liked to find a way to bring home.

We then headed to my cousin's house for dinner and time with aunts, uncles and cousins on my dad's side.   So many little kids and so much fun to see them all together.  I'm waiting for family pics from Friday night and Saturday and will post them when I get them.  I'm so thankful we were able to make this trip and spend the time with our extended family.  We got to see so many relatives and I felt like we didn't have quite enough time with any of them, but that's how it always is when we are up.

No comments: