Sunday, June 19, 2011

Four!!!

Four years ago today, my wonderful, amazing husband became a wonderful amazing daddy. It's hard to believe it's been four years. In so many ways it feels like yesterday and at the same time it feels like it's been forever.

What a four years it has been. Owen is an truly special child. He has a sweet heart and eager to please spirit. I feel like my heart is going to burst when I start thinking about all the things that make him him. God definitely has special plans for his life and I can't wait to see what they are.

Owen is still all about Daddy. He loves his tools and to help with projects. He is convinced Santa is bringing him a shed for Christmas. He loves school and cutting with scissors. He loves to clean (hoping he retains this trait for many years!) and is really good at helping with all household tasks. He loves to swim and is really close to really swimming. He loves Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers...well, maybe it's just bacon on a hamburger that he loves! He loves to spend the night away from home. He loves to be outside. He loves his brothers and is very protective of Anderson. He is starting to understand a little about Evan and asks great questions and loves to look at ultrasound pictures. He's learned how to stretch the truth...uh-oh. He loves to talk on the phone and wants to talk every time I'm on the phone. He wants to know how and why everything works the way they do. His favorite store is the 'tool store' and says 'Daddy and I like the blue one'. He still has a few mispronunciations...one of my favorites is 'doose' instead of 'does'. He loves bananas, blueberries, cheese, and hotdogs.

Happy 4th Birthday, Owen. I love you so much!
Happy 4th Birthday, Evan. I love you so much!

Owen is super excited to share his birthday with Daddy's special day. Happy Father's Day to my children's wonderful amazing dad and to my own wonderful amazing Dad.

2 comments:

Maridith said...

Happy Birthday Owen!! What a wonderful post about a fantastic little boy!

Thinking of you E as you celebrate the birth of Owen and remember your angel! Love you!

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday sweet Owen and Evan! We love you both!