Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthday Cake

We had a chocolate caterpillar cake for Owen's birthday. He's the only one in the house who would request a chocolate cake. I don't think Anderson even took a bite of it...haha!

When I mentioned to Aaron that I had seen this cake in a magazine and thought it was super cute and something Owen should have for his birthday, Owen piped up 'I don't want a caterpillar cake...it would be crunchy.'

Owen helped me mix up the batter Saturday morning and I decorated while that afternoon. I'm obviously an amateur, but I think it turned out pretty cute.



Owen wanted the caterpillar head. Anderson was really eying the pretzel antennae, so he got a few added to his piece of cake.

Eating an eyeball.

Anderson then decided to dance on the table.


Birthday boy and Grandma Juju

2 comments:

Maridith said...

Great looking cake!! Good job!! What a happy wonderful birthday!!

The Smittys said...

i love the cake! how fun!