Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Planting the garden

My mom came over to help us plant the garden. She enjoys gardening, much more than I do. Owen was so excited to work in the garden. He talked about it all day Friday and all morning on Saturday.



My mom brought with her some worms from her compost and a book about worms for Owen. After they placed the worms in holes around the garden (and Owen let some crawl all over him), they read all about worms.




Thanks, Mom for the help...there is weeding to be done anytime you want to stop by:)


We have two types of tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, sweet banana peppers, sugar snaps, green beans, yellow squash, zucchini, and cucumbers. In a few weeks, I'll plant the okra and broccoli. See what I meant when I said yesterday that we were unsuccessful in scaling back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had fun working in garden, but I think we have to plant our garden before moving on to weeding yours!