Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas!

We had a wonderful Christmas and hope you did as well. Our Christmas celebrations spanned a whole 2 weeks. We had a great time visiting with family, eating way too much, and opening way too many presents. Oh, and taking too many pictures and blogging very little. I'm going to try to narrow down the pictures, but part of the delay in posting is that there are so many pictures!

First up was celebrating with my mom and sister. Owen helped Grandma make a gingerbread train.

And tested the candy...



Owen donned his preschool Christmas program bell hat for opening presents.





I did a little crafting for Christmas. Here is sweet baby Elise in the hat I made.


And, my big project was finishing this birth announcement sampler. My grandmother started this, probably in the early 80s for a cousin of mine. She gave it to me when my sister was pregnant with my now 4 year old niece. I worked on it some then, but put it away without finishing it. I pulled it back out this fall and finished it up for Elise. Elise is named after my grandmother (Kathryn), who passed away in 2007. I think it is really special that Elise has something that her namesake worked on. This is the only time I've ever cross stitched and I bet it is also the last. Haha!


Owen and Julia were jumping up and down with excitement when they opened the pajamas my mom made. She makes all the kids pajamas each year. Here are all the kiddos in their new pjs with their sock monkeys.

1 comment:

The Smittys said...

look at you being all crafty! that's great! i love their sock monkeys too! very cute kiddos!