Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Preschool

Day 1 was a success! Owen has been talking about preschool since January when we went for a visit. He has been loading his backpack and lunch box up with all kinds of things and carrying them around the house for a few months. He wanted to take them both with us to orientation last week. The big day finally arrived yesterday and he was so excited. We left an hour later than we usually head out in the mornings and he kept asking if it was time to go yet.

Owen was ready to get going! I wonder who Anderson is texting?




Mrs. Missy (yeah, say that 10 times fast) showing Owen how to stow his bags in a cubby. Sorry for the picture quality...I had a squirmy little brother in my arms.



And the picture as I was leaving. I did good...just a little burning eyes and a small lump in my throat.


When I picked Owen up and asked about his day, he said they worked on the letter A, that Alex had a white shirt on, that there was a boy who wouldn't share and that the cheese stick was his favorite thing about his lunch.

When I asked Owen if he had fun, he said yes and asked if Anderson had fun in 'little church'. When we drop Owen in his room at church, he often asks where we are going and we tell him 'big church'.

Daddy brought him home a donut with sprinkles to celebrate his big day.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Oh, wow. He looks like such a big boy! I'm so glad he had a wonderful first day.

The Smittys said...

He looks so grown up! And we love his backpack choice! Micah has the same one!

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said...

So cute. Looks like he had a wonderful first day. I am proud of you for not crying too! He looks so big. How is it possible our kids are growing up SO FAST?